Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fishing In The Dark



Ok. So not really fishing in the dark but fishing in the daylight. I just really like that song and wanted to use it as the post title. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, maybe a month ago now, Martin and I went fishing one Sunday afternoon. Martin was doing really well and kept pulling in fish upon fish upon fish. It was actually getting a little ridiculous.

I was.......not.  While I've gotten really good at casting, I still need to work on my skills with actually catching the fish. Here's what happens. I cast. I get a bite. I get really excited and instead of giving the pole a slight jerk to hook the fish, I give it a large jerk that always feels like its going to be very slight. Therefore, instead of hooking the fish - I generally pull the hook away from the fish, leaving the fish with my precious worm. It's rough. I'm telling you.

Anyway, I finally caught a little fish (you can see it sticking out of my hand) and Martin took a picture of the event on his cell phone.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like bait in your hand, not a fish.

    ReplyDelete