Sunday, October 10, 2010

Please Give Back the Keys


Last weekend, Martin's college roommate got married. We attended the wedding. For some reason I was possessed to get a photo of us before leaving for the ceremony. I'm not really sure why. I was having lots of problems that morning. Those problems include, None of my dresses fit me, I look fat in those pants (or at least in that picture), my hair is still wet and a mess in this photo, my favorite part about this picture is the heavily warted giant pumpkin in the background. Maybe I should have just cropped this photo to include only the pumpkin. It would have saved me a lot of anxiety.

Anyway...

So we went to the wedding, which was fun because we haven't seen a lot of Martin's close friends from college in a while. So, it was fun to see them all again. Also, because Martin's friends love a good joke - the best man's speech was quite entertaining. At one point he said, "If anyone out there still has keys to Jimmy's house could you please bring them up" At this point myself, another pregnant lady, Gabe and an old woman had all been instructed to bring keys to the head table. Someone had also given Martin a vibrating pink toy (I don't know if its in very good taste to divulge to exact description of this item here) but he was given this to carry up to the table and give to Laura, Jimmy's new wife. Except no one called him up. So instead he played with it all night long. He found this infinitely halarious. I, being sober, did not.

One the plus side, as the only sober person at a wedding, you also get to learn fun stuff about everyone as they have no qualms against divulging it and your memory is still crystal clear the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment