Monday, May 23, 2011

Differences

It's funny how you can be married to a person living with a person  for three years and still not realize the stark differences in housing tastes you have. But, Martin and I, very different.  Now that we're actively looking for places to call home these differences suddenly seem like extremely big and important sentiments that are clearly worth fighting about.

We recently toured a house with a lot of carpeting. Our conversation on the way home went something like this:

Me: I think I would rip most of that carpet up
Martin: What?! No! I like a nice plush under my feet. Everything doesn't have to be a cold, hard ice rink.
Me: Have you ever seen yourself eat chips? (admittedly, a low blow)
Martin: Whoa! When did turn into hate on Martin hour.

Other emerging differences.

Me: I mean, the realtor acted like those are really nice cabinets. I just really don't like cabinets. I like shelves.
Martin: No. Shelves. That's cute if you have an apartment, not hey I'm a grownup, this is my house, please view every single piece of dishes and also some baking soda that I have.

I'll keep you posted if we ever decide to compromise on something and actually purchase a house.

No comments:

Post a Comment