Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Girly Moment

On Saturday evening, I was minding my own business in our kitchen, preparing food for the baptism party on Saturday. I had just finished cutting up a pineapple, cantaloupe and watermelon for a fruit salad and was putting the prepared salad back into the refrigerator. The garbage can, which is typically tucked under our sink was sitting on the middle of the kitchen floor filled with rinds and the doorway under the sink was wide open. As I glanced over from the refrierator to the sink I noticed a mouse. Yep. That's right. a mouse. And I totally freaked. Not in a started screaming type of way, but in an omg what do I do? I don't want to touch that thing type of way. Lucky for me, the mouse was busy nibbling away on some rat poison and was completely unaware and unconcerned for my paralysis in the situation.

I crept over to the recycling.
Retrieved an empty formula container.
Quickly placed it over the mouse.
Put a full bottle of drain cleaner on top of that (to ensure the mouse couldn't move the container).
And then called Martin.

Me: Ummm. Where are you?
Martin: I'm out at the bunk silo. Why?
Me: Well. There's a mouse in our house and I don't know what to do.
Martin: Where is it?
Me: In the kitchen. I have it trapped, but it's alive. I don't want to touch it.
Martin: Ha. Okay. Well I'll take care of it when I get in.
Me: Thank you.
Martin: I'm actually kind of impressed. I think this is the first girly moment I've ever witnessed from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment