Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Maybe You Should Stick With 28

On Saturday night, we went out to dinner with friends Matt and Judy and then came back to our apartment for drinks. Mmm margarittas!

Since Judy hadn't been over since we moved back home, it was sort of like a grand tour of MTV cribs for her (or something like that)

Anyway...

I was more than excited when Judy said she thought our house was decorated so well it looks like a model home. I am way too obsessed with decorating and looking at decorating blogs and magazines so this comment made me ridiculously happy.

At some point over margarittas, we got on the topic of birthdays..

Judy: I'm going to be 24 this year. A few days ago I thought I was going to be 25 and I got really scared that I missed my entire 24th year.
Me: I'm going to be 25, but I already sort of consider myself 25. I for some reason am self conscious about being 24 and being married with a child and a job that I like. It seems like I shouldn't have all that now. So I sort of think of myself as 28.
Judy: That's weird.

...(some time passes)

Me: I'm obsessed with decorating magazines. I love reading the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine for some reason.
Judy: Maybe you should tell people you're 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment