Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Glimpse into the Future

In many ways, Aubrey is not very independent. She can't make herself breakfast or pour a glass of milk. She can't go to the bathroom in a toilet and she rarely allows herself to be put down for a nap without me laying next to her until she is asleep. In these respects, we have a long way to go and our lack og training her on basic tasks like sleeping results in me getting absolutely zero alone time ever. While we're on the topic of sleep training though, I'm not sure what to do, when I leave her in the room alone she will literally cry until she makes herself throw up.

  Just when I think she can't get any more dependent, she'll go ahead and surprise me by acting like a teenager.


A few days ago she headed upstairs to retrieve her plastic animals after several minutes of assuring Sylvia she would be right back. After being upstairs for a few minutes and not coming down, I called up to her to make sure everything was okay. Her response:

I'll be right back! (then she slammed her bedroom door shut and continued to play up there for another 25 minutes.)


That's a response I wasn't expecting for at least another ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment