Monday, April 4, 2011

Tulips

A couple of weekends ago my brother-in-law, Gabe, and our friend, Matt came over for dinner and drinks. I made a chicken pizza and chicken fajitas. And that was when Martin made the homemade tortilla shells.

After a few drinks and dinner, Martin, Gabe and Matt called taxi like responsible adults (and yes, surprisingly there is a taxi service out here) and headed out to the bar to see Savage Cabbage, a popular local band and rightly named because they are also cabbage farmers. I stayed home with Aubrey for obvious reasons. The number one reason being that I have the horrific thought that at some point in my life that scene from Sweet Home Alabama is going to play out and someone will say You have a baby.....in a bar. The number two reason being that it would be quite loud in the bar for Aubrey. And the number three reason being that she would probably sleep better in her crib than in a carseat in the corner of a bar. Although she does sleep like a champ in her carseat.

When they got back from the bar later that evening/very early the next morning Gabe and Matt spent the night in our living room like responsible adults who want to avoid driving after drinking. The next morning, Matt woke up in typical Matt-fashion at the crack of dawn and was off before we even left for church. Gabe, like most people after a night of drinking, was napping on the couch when we headed out the door for church.

When we returned home from church I found a pink napkin folding into the shape of a tulip sitting on the coffee table. Without thinking too deeply into how it could have gotten there, I though Oh, that is so nice. Gabe made us a tulip out of a napkin. And then I put it on Aubrey's dresser.

Fast forward a few days....

I am getting clothes out of Aubrey's dresser to give her a bath and then put her to bed for the evening. And I notice the flower again and suddenly start to wonder, where did Gabe get a pink napkin anyway?

So I ask Martin
Me: Hey where did Gabe get that pink napkin to make a tulip?
Martin: Huh?
Me: This tulip that I put on Aubrey's dresser. I think Gabe made it. He left it on the coffee table last weekend.
Martin: Umm. I'm pretty sure some girl was wearing that between her boobs at the bar Saturday night. Smell it. Does it smell like boobs?

No comments:

Post a Comment