Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Holding To A Pattern

My best friend, Caton, has a blog which she posts to pretty infrequently. But, she recently decided to start it back up again for the summer. In an effort to hold herself more accountable to posting on a daily basis, she came up with certain topics that she would discuss each day of the week. Because I have recently been having difficulties making time to blog on a regular basis, I thought maybe it would be a good idea if I did the same. So. Here's my list. If I stray, please don't hesistate to give me a virtual slap on the wrist (or a literal one if you're blessed enough to be graced with my presence!)

Meal Monday: A restaurant reveiw/ meal recap/ drink recipe/ random and loose association to food. Basically, Monday posts are going to be in some way/shape/form related back to food and eating. One of my absolute favorite things to do!

Tale Tuesday: There's usually always some sort of tale that I feel is worth telling in my life. So on Tuesday - you're going to hear about it. Most likely this will be a tale of something that happened on the weekend, but hey - you never know, my weekdays have the potential to get exciting

Witty Wednesday: Fine, so witty is a little stretch. My conversations are generally humorous due, in a large part, to their complete lack of wit. But, On Wednesday's you're going to get a conversation and, even if it's not full of wit - it will most likely make you laugh. And if it doesn't make you laugh you probably have no sense of humor it will at least make you smile.

Thing Thursday: This one is ridiculously vague, so we'll see how it adds to the "structure" of this blog. Having alliteration on every single day for some reason was really important to me when making this list. I toyed around with Thankful Thursday or Thoughtful Thursday, but writing down things I was thankful for on a weekly basis seemed like it might get old fast. or boring. or become a random list. or in general just turn this blog in a direction I don't neccesarily want it to go. But then again, I do really like lists. So maybe I should reconsider that choice. Anyway. On Thursday's I'm going to write about some thing that I either find interesting or am recently obsessed with or maybe even am thankful for. To paraphrase, Thursday will be about Something (clearly I'm already getting the structure I need)

Photo Friday: Can I go a week without posting about Aubrey? probably definitely not. However, I will try to at least designate her a day. And that day will be Friday.

Sensational Saturday and Singing in the Shower Sunday: These are freebies. I can post on these days or not post. I'm not gonna hold myself to a topic here because, a girl can't have too much structure in her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment