Monday, June 13, 2011

Italian Sausage = Fair = Summer

In my mind, Italian sausage is a summer food. Whenever I think of Italian sausage I am reminded of growing up and spending a week at our county fair and nothing says summer to me like the sweet blissful freedom of spending a week almost parent-free at the county fair as a teenager. This year, Aldi has sweet italian turkey sausage as a summer meat item. It's like Italian sausage's healthy brother, and it is amazing. If there is an Aldi within a 30 mile radius of you - I urge you to run (or drive if it actually is 30 miles) and snatch some of this up!
 

 Slap this on the grill and saute up some onions in peppers in the handy dandy burner attachment on the side of your grill then load up a roll with your sausage, vegetables and a strip of mustard - and what you'll find yourself eating is an incredibly delicious summer meal!


And eating leftovers the next day basically completed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment