Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mother's Day Collage

I know, Mother's Day was a long time ago. We're rounding up on Father's Day now it was so long ago. But for some reason unbeknowest to me - I'm just finally getting around to posting about this now. That beautiful collage up there. That was my mother's day present from Aubrey. I absolutely adore it.

You see, my mom is one of the most thoughtful people I know and she took Aubrey in secret to her good friend, Laura's, one afternoon. Laura just happens to be a professional photographer and my mom just happened to bring Aubrey's baptismal gown with her. (this turned out to be a double blessing because Aubrey was so completely miserable the day that she actually had to wear the gown to be baptized in, it was nice that we got some pictures beforehand this way). Laura and my mom spent over an hour doing a photoshoot with Aubrey and then Laura put this collage together and framed the photo. My mom gave me this present from Aubrey two days before mother's day.

Martin and I just happened to go over to visit friend', Katie and Ryan, for a dinner party with a group of people that night.

Someone in attendance at dinner: What did you get Jenna for mother's day?
Someone else: Oh yeah. It's her first mother's day.
Martin: You know. Jenna should just be married to her mom because her mom is a lot more thoughtful than I am
Someone in attendance at dinner: You still have a couple days.
Martin: eh. What's the point?

I know these photos I'm posting on here aren't the greatest but I took them with my phone and was having a significantly difficult time with the glare on the glass. Regardless, I think Aubrey's beauty shines through my poor quality pictures of those high quality pictures. Apparently, they spent over an hour getting Aubrey to fall asleep so they could put her in that wagon.

And this one of her holding the gown with her lips pursed is my favorite. Not sure why. But I absolutely love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment