Monday, June 6, 2011

Mini Vaca

I was going to include a post with pictures here. But apparently there's some maintenance going on and that is not going to happen tonight Which completely ruins all my posting ideas for the evening.

But I have to post. Because I have been really terrible at it lately. And even if my absence hasn't been bothering you. It has been bothering me.

I need to correct this. pronto.

I went to a wedding in Vermont last night. Yep. A wedding on a Sunday night. A little different. But I loved it. It was a fantastic wedding and a fantastic trip. A little mini-vacation. And we can all use a vacation every now and then.

We drove up with a full car. Me. Martin. Gabe. Garrett. and Aubrey. There wasn't any room to spare. Between dress clothes. and play clothes. a pack and play. baby food. formula. a stroller. five people. a carseat. a bag of party mix and a bottle of gatorade. That Camry was full. But we had a great ride up to my grandparents where we spent Saturday night and then left Garrett and Aubrey on Sunday night while we went to the wedding. We listened to Martin's ipod. We fought about the temperature in the car (Martin swears that for some unknown reason the air conditioner just kept turning itself up with no help from him whatsoever!)

Martin, in an amazing and sudden burst of openmindedness, got incredibly offended when Gabe tried to make a joke about Mormons being polygamists.

Gabe: If they were Mormon it would be double or triple (I don't really remember the exact joke) Get it. Cause they have more than one wife
Martin: in a very angry tone That is such a misconception! They have been trying to buck that for 200 years!


We made amazing time and didn't stop until five minutes before arriving at my grandparents' - at which point Gabe, who didn't realize we were actually in there hometown decided it would be a perfect spot to stop for a snack while Martin was pumping gas.

We got to take a ferry across Lake Champlain which is deeper than Lake Erie.

The wedding was amazing, but I really can't do justice talking about it without including pictures of Martin and Gabe in their fabulous attire so that will have to be a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment