Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pickin' Wildflowers

A couple of weeks ago, my brother's girlfriend picked me a daisy on the side of the road and gave it to Martin, instructing him to say it was from him. Martin, of course, did not follow these instructions and instead promptly gave me the daisy telling me, before I even had a chance to thank him, that it was not from him and was actually from Jessica. Clearly, he doesn't want me to falsely believe that he might possibly have a romantic side.

A few days later, I was working and Martin was driving around with my brother and his girlfriend having just gone to stalk look at a house that we desperately want to buy that is not for sale. Jessica suggested to Martin that he should pick me some of the beautiful orange lillies that are all over the road edge, but Martin declined saying that I would think it was too close to when she gave me a flower and not like it. Clearly, we don't really know each other at all. I always pretty much adore anything Martin ever gives me! To make matters worse, Martin then decided it was completely appropriate to relay this story to me immediately upon my return from work so I could know exactly what I was missing out on. This resulted in a small tiff between us when I proceeded to call him unromantic and too lazy to pick the flowers for me. (I know. Possibly a little too harsh and out of line).

Then, this past weekend, Martin waltzed in our house covered in grease from working on the farm and holding the gorgeous bouquet of flowers pictured above. So yeah, I'm pretty lucky after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment