Thursday, July 7, 2011

So Many Different Topics I Can't Even Put A Name On This.

1. First of all, this is my 500th post on this blog!! Can you believe I have had 500 stories that I felt were worth telling? I know, I can barely believe it either.



2. Sunday was my birthday. I can basically sum the day up pretty quickly. It went something like this. Martin was completely miserable because he had to bale hay and therefore we couldn't go canoeing with friends. Martin also forgot to get me anything for my birthday. Not even a card. Therefore, I was pretty miserable too. I lathered Aubrey up in sunscreen because it was a really hot day and when she started sweating it ran into her eyes. Then she starting crying. A lot. Then I washed her eyes out with water. Still crying. And rubbing her eyes with her hands which are also covered in sunscreen. More washing out of the eyes and now of the hands. Continued crying. Eventually I just put her to bed for a nap to sleep it off. During this time I read Chelsea Handler's My Horizontal Life. Halarious. A true bright spot in my day. Then I went to visit my best friend from high school who now lives in Brooklyn, Amanda Bartlett, at her parents' home on the lake. That was another bright spot. Then I came home and we went to bed. The End. I'm hoping 26 is more exciting.



3. The Fourth of July we made up for the third. We went on a picnic. We visited friends. I enjoyed some alcoholic beverages. I laughed. Much better



4. Back this up a little bit. Last Friday I went to the bar with friends. Martin stayed home with our sleeping child. He is such a great father! I had a fabulous time. I was loud and obnoxious. I'm sure. But I had a great time. And I ran into so many people from my past. People I worked with at previous jobs. A kid I had gym class with senior year. People I graduated with. And best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment