Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heat

It's supposed to be 100 degrees today.

For some reason my apartment has decided that it is never going to go below 87 degrees.

No matter how many fans I blast at the situation. I think I need to invest in more fans today. Four is just not cutting it.

They say that the crime rate increases with the heat. I can definitely see the correlation. Not that I'm going to go commit a crime or anything. But being hot really does make you cranky.

My current plan, albeit not a very good one, is to never be in our apartment. Even though it's also extremely hot outside - it's more bearable than inside. Yesterday evening Aubrey and I played in the shade on the back lawn until her bedtime, and then we went out for pizza and ice cream with my dad, brother and uncle. When we returned from that, I went straight to bed where I could be blasted by fans from three different directions all night long.

Martin didn't get home from work until around 2:30 AM this morning. When he crawled into bed he was dangerously close to actually touching me.

Me: Do you want to sleep on my side next to the bigger fan?
Martin: No, I'm okay on this side
Me: Then move over to your side of the bed
Martin: Gee! I thought you would be happy to see your husband!
Me: It's too hot for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment