Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wine Festival!


On Saturday, I went to Watkin's Glen with some amazing, fun people for a Wine Festival in honor of Caton's Birthday (ok, you guessed it, they didn't host a wine festival just because it was Caton's birthday, but it was a happy coincidence)


It was an amazing festival. Hundreds of wineries under one three tents! Pretty spectacular.


I drank a lot of wine. And laughed a lot. Actually, I started laughing even before I started drinking wine.


The cast of characters: Katie and Ian, Kylie and Andrew, Caton and Me. (sidenote: Caton and I are not actually a couple, but we joked that we would have to pretend we were for the day and brainstormed different ideas we could use for how we met and started dating. Then we starting drinking wine and forgot to put any of them to use.)


I have an obscene amount of pictures from this event. I'm not sure why. When we took off Ian said he wanted an entire album of pictures to commemorate the day. Without making a conscious effort to do so, I definitely have an album's full of photos.


Of course, when everyone is being completely ridiculous it's easy to find great photo opportunities.


This is probably one of my favorite pictures. Caton really wants some of that action!


Oh, and another sidenote, when I mention acting completely ridiculous, it's important that you understand that I was the asshole who broke my glass. And Andrew was the asshole who knocked the glass of a complete stranger out of her hands. It was not a good day for glass.


These two are halarious. There's really no other way to describe them.


We made some friends at the end and went back to their campsite for some games. The following conversation is probably my favorite from the day. I won't use any names because I don't want to embarass anyone. 

Someone: Hey, kid with no shirt on, get over here.
Kid with no shirt on: I have to go. They want to see me with my shirt off.  


Great Day. And great way to celebrate the birthday of an amazing friend!

1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are not nearly as ridiculous as I expected. :) AWESOME DAY (the beginning part that I remember, after the pizza stop everything gets hazy)

    ReplyDelete