Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2:30 AM Is Usually Not A Good Time To Use T9Word

On Sunday night, Martin had to drive down to Maryland for work. The following is a series of text messages exchanged between us.

Martin: 2:30 am Made it, love you :)

This is what I meant to respond with:
Love you too! I was gonna call and see if you made it cause Aubrey just woke up, but I didn't want to wake you if you're sleeping.

This is what I actually responded with:
Me: 2:31 am Love you too! I was gonna call Joe see if you made it cause Aubrey just woke us but I didn't want to wake you if you're sleeping
Me: 2:32 am Not call Joe call you. Sorry mistype.
Me: 2:32 am Lol
Martin: 2:35 am That looked kinda off in a number of ways.

It wasn't until Monday morning when I looked back at the text message did I fully realize that I basically told Martin I was sleeping with someone named Joe. Definitely not the message I was trying to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment