Friday, July 26, 2013

Patience

Some mornings you wake up ready to take on the world....

And other days you aren't.

And then there are the days that you plan on not taking on the world at the crack of dawn but life your children have other ideas.

This morning was one of those days. Aubrey, Sylvia and I are heading out this afternoon to spend a weekend in Pennsylvania with two of my dear college friends, Michelle and Katie! Because we're leaving right after lunch to pick up Michelle, I decided to take the day off and sleep in! I wasn't asking for much, just 7am. But I was doomed from the start. Martin got up at 6am to start mowing hay. Sylvia awoke at this time also. I sweet-talked Martin into making her a bottle and dropped happily back into my pillow. At 6:30, Aubrey awoke abruptly and immediately began screaming at the top of her lungs. I was still attempting to lay in bed until 7.

Aubrey: I WANT PEANUT BUTTER!!
Me: Aubrey, BE QUIET. You are going to wake up your sister.
Aubrey: I WANT PEANUT BUTTER!!!
Me: Shhh! Why don't you lay in bed with me?
Aubrey: I WANT PEANUT BUTTER!!!
Me: Go in the cupboard and get some. And BE QUIET. If you wake your sister up I am going to be very mad.
Aubrey: NO! I WANT YOU TO GET ME PEANUT BUTTER!
Me: Fine. (I stomp downstairs, grab the peanut butter and a spoon and shove it into Aubrey's arms.) Here!

It's times like this I especially hate myself because I know I'm acting like more of a toddler than my actual toddler. But I can't stop myself from thinking 7am, that's all I want! And then I can't stop myself from acting like a child.

As you can probably guess, Sylvia woke up from all the commotion.


Aubrey was awake for about two minutes and she had already removed her pants and refused to put them back on. But the day improved greatly with a game of Candyland and some pictures with my latest Salvation Army find.

No comments:

Post a Comment