Sunday, September 22, 2013

Call of Duty

Setup: It's 1:20 in the morning. I'm attempting to break Sylvia of her terrible habit of waking up for a bottle every. single. night. at 12:00, 3:00 and then 6:00. It's a tiring affair. She's been awake and crying since 12:30 AM. I have finally decided that she is not going to cry herself to sleep and I drag myself out of bed and, after changing her diaper, go downstairs to prepare a bottle. I come back upstairs to find Martin leaning over Sylvia's crib in an attempt to coo her back to sleep.

Me: Hey. Way to respond to the call of action.
Martin: What? I heard her crying.
Me: She's been crying for 50 minutes .
Martin: Well, I just heard her and got up.

We give Sylvia the bottle and go back to bed.

Martin: I know you didn't say it - but, you're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. I am in the trenches with you too. Leon has pretty much the same schedule as Sylvia... except for the nights he decides to cluster feed EVERY HOUR after 3am. Be sure to let me know if you find a way to break the habit. So far, no bottle for him at those times = continued crying. And, Tony's response pretty much is the same as Martin's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Cluster feeding sounds TERRIBLE. Good luck!

      Delete