Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas is Coming: Baking Cookies

Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without a little baking, right??? Honestly, I'd be happy with a chips and salsa get together at 10 in the morning, but I've never been one for sweets. However, I do really enjoy spending time with people I love - and if that means baking I am all in. (plus, if I'm being totally honest - I didn't do anything)


On Saturday morning Aubrey and I went over to my sister-in-law, Jenn's home, to make Christmas cookies. We were supposed to me there at 10 am and I made my first fatal error when I decided to make eggs for breakfast for Martin, Aubrey and myself before going to Jenn's. What was I thinking?? Christmas cookies making clearly involves a lot of eating. Plus, Jenn is the ultimate hostess and had made a delicious french toast that I had no room for.

Because i have problems I wanted to be helpful, I had a lot of fun seeing how close I could get the cookies together and therefore have fewer times to roll out the dough per cookie.


Aubrey had some fun frosting cookies.


But she mostly just ate her body weight in frosting. Fun fact: disclaimer(this is where I get all excited about something not so monumental and, in general, very momlike) I have learned from Jenn that tongue depressers are the perfect utensil to let children frost with! No need to worry about handing out knives to the little ones!


Jenn and Aubrey also had a good bit of fun feeding each other cookies.


The end! Hope you had a chance for baking this season!

No comments:

Post a Comment