Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas Quiz

stolen from Rachel!


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I'm definitely saying hot chocolate here. Something about Egg Nog really freaks me out and I can't get myself to drink it.


2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Is this even a Christmas debate? I think its obvious that he wraps them (or at least delegates the job to his elves).

3. Colored or White Lights? I love the classic look of white lights!

4. Do you hang a mistletoe? This question just made me realize that I didn't! And I really wanted to!

5. When do you put your decorations up? I'm not going to pretend to be organized enough to have an exact date or weekend when I put up decorations up. But I will say I try to aim for sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Anything that is an appetizer. Mmmmm. I love appetizers! Lucky for me, growing up Christmas Eve was always a cheese, cracker and pepperoni night.

7. Favorite Holiday Memory as a Child?  Right now, watching ABC Christmas cartoons every night in December before bed comes to mind.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? From my cousin, Peter. I can't remember how old. I want to say farely old. Anyway, I didn't believe him and asked my mom and then cried my eyes out.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Recently, no. Growing up, Santa would always come while we were at church on Christmas Eve and we would open all of our presents the night before. My parents always told us Santa knew to come to our house early because we had to go to the barn and milk in the morning and he knew we might get stuck our there with a troubled cow so he wanted us to have our gifts the night before.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights. Ornaments that I have accumulated as gifts from St. Nicholas over the years and that I now give to Aubrey each year.

11. Snow? Love it or dread it? Both are such strong emotions. It's hard to commit to one or the other; I think it's nice to have a dusting for Christmas and for a couple days are year to play in, but other than that - I'd live fine without it.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes. My parents used to get our family seaon passes to the local ice rink. Best part about winter: the ice just after the zamboni has gone through.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Probably the Kindle Martin got me a few years ago. I still use it constantly.

14. What's the most important part of the Holiday to you? Family

15. Favorite Holiday Dessert? I don't really do dessert. I do, however, love the shrimp and cocktail sauce Martin's mom has out before dinner every year!

16. Favorite Holiday Tradition? I'm mostly just really excited about starting traditions with Aubrey!

17. What tops your tree? A paper star that Martin made the first year we were married. It says Our First Christmas and is attached to the tree with a clothespin.

18. Giving or receiving gifts? Giving, definitely! I can't wait to reveal all the great gifts I have to give everyone!

19. Candy Canes? yucky or yummy? I like the flavored ones. You know blueberry or strawberry. There is just a lot of peppermint in a regular candy cane.

20. Favorite Christmas Show? Oh. There's way too many good ones to name, but refer to question 7. Pretty much any cartoon that comes up on the 25 days of Christmas. Do they still have that?

21. Saddest Christmas Song? I'm not qualified to answer this question. I try to avoid heavy doses of most Christmas music.

22. Favorite Christmas Song? Joy to the World and All I Want for Christmas is You.

23. When do you finish the bulk of your Christmas Shopping? Near the beginning of December.

24. Who's the easiest person and hardest person to shop for? easiest? Aubrey hardest? my dad.

25. What is your favorite Christmas cookie? refer to question 15.

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment