Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Sleeping House

 
 
I went to deliver some pumpkins with my mom tonight. I returned to a sleeping household. Martin had his wisdom teeth pulled on Monday so he's been a little under the weather this week. He went into the procedure with high hopes of a super quick recovery (he even told his boss that he might come in to work that afternoon!) He didn't go back to work the day of procedure but did go into work at 4:30 the next morning. He's been working every day this week, but with hugely puffed up cheeks and a lot of pain. He's basically been avoiding talking. I pretty much feel like we've been in a fight all week because we've barely communicated. It's depressing. Wednesday night, other than a few comments exchanged over the news - this was our conversation:
 
Me: If I make macaroni and cheese, can you eat it?
Martin: No.
 
This evening was much better and he seemed a lot more talkative.
 
Me: You seem a lot better today, are you feeling a lot better?
Martin: Well I think I'm getting over the hump. But I have mostly decided to make it an issue of mind over matter. If I keep sulking all the way through Friday people are going to think I'm a complainer. 

Anyway, that's what's going on over here. Just two roommates living under the same roof, sleeping in the same bed, but not really talking. Here's to hoping next week is filled with better communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment