Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Loophole

* A conversation that took place over a month ago *

Me: Hey! So I know you are having sunflowers in your wedding and I saw this really cute thing on pinterest with sunflower bouquets wrapped in twine on the bottom instead of ribbon. It looked amazing and I think you should do it!
Amber: Ok, you'll have to show me the picture.
Me: Well.....umm....I don't know if I can find it. You see, when I see really cute wedding ideas I always want to pin them - because they're so cute, but I'm afraid people are going to think I'm planning my second wedding or something. And I'm obviously not.
Amber: That seem like way to much thought.

* Relaying above conversation to another friend *

Judy: I would definitely read into that!

But.... I have found the perfect loophole! I create pinboards for my friends that are getting married. That way, when I find ideas that would be perfect for them I can pin them without the guilt of feeling like I'm doing something I shouldn't be? And now I can seriously look at wedding boards to my heart's delight because I have people I need to pin for.

This may sound crazy to you, but I got married in a time when there was no pinterest! so I feel like I was really cheated this portion of the wedding planning. It was just a fluke that I happened to have mason jars at my wedding and there was no website telling me that pictures of your dress hanging by itself are super cute! Also, I really like weddings and sending ideas in the direction of friends is oddly invigorating.

Caton: So, who's Lexy????
Me: Oh, she's my friend from work. She's getting married next summer.
Caton: I'm kind of jealous of all these people like Lexy and Judy that get a wedding board on your pinterest.
Me: Oh really! I can create a board for you! When I was looking for stuff for them there was actually a ton of stuff that reminded me of you. I just thought it would be weird for me to create a board for you, I didn't want you to think I'm being presumptious about anything or nothing or being pushy.
Caton: I just like to know you're thinking about me.
Me: Ok great! I'll make a board for you tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment