Sunday, October 7, 2012

Our Super Awesome (And Super Lame) Saturday Night

When I described this Saturday night to a few friends in person I didn't receive very good reviews - so I don't really expect anyone to find our plans last night the least bit interesting.

We watched the Jon Stewart/Bill O'Reilly Debate. Also known as The Rumble 2012.

I first learned about this debate when a fellow high school graduate posted about the upcoming event on facebook about a month ago. I immediately grew extremely excited and text Martin saying "I have really exciting news, call me when you get a chance"

When Martin called our conversation went something like this.
Me: So Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly are having a debate! We can watch it streaming live online.
Martin: Oh wow, that is awesome. I thought you were going to say someone is pregnant.

Then I told me sister-in-law, Ingrid, about the event.
Ingrid: So who are you cheering for??
Me: I don't even really care. I just think they're both really smart people and neither of them are running for office so it should probably be the best debate we've ever seen.
Ingrid: Yeah. I guess that sounds pretty cool
Me: You can watch it too. It costs five dollars to buy an online ticket to view it live.
Ingrid: Well.......it's a Saturday night so I'm probably not going to do that.

Then I talked to one of my best friend's, Amanda about the event.
Me: I am so glad that Brad posted about that debate. I am so excited about it!
Amanda: Oh yeah! That sounds really awesome. I was going to go see it with him but I couldn't make it work.
Me: You can still watch it online!
Amanda: Yeah.....(her voice trails off and she changes the subject).

When I excitedly told my mom our plans for Saturday night her response was "Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a weekend"

Finally, I sent a text to my friend Kerri inviting her and her boyfriend over to watch the debate with Martin and I. I even tried to entice her with the menu of mini pizzas I planned on making for the viewing.

She never responded to my text messages at all.

Even with the lack of enthusiasm from all my friends, Saturday night came with much anticipation. And it was great!



And the mini pizzas were amazing! Here's the line up of varieties.

Beef with Boss Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese and Onions
My classic favorite - Marinara Sauce with Mozzarella Cheese, Mushrooms and Pepperoni
Fried Egg and Bacon - I've been wanting to try fried egg on pizza for months. It was delicious.
Another classic - Marinara Sauce with Mozzarella Cheese, Pepperoni and Onions
A new favorite for both of us which will definitely make it into our pizza rotation! - The chicken from chicken tacos, cheddar cheese, onions, black olives and cayenne pepper spice.
Another favorite - Sundried Tomato Pesto, Mozzarella Cheese, Diced Tomatoes and Artichokes.

Was your Saturday as awesome/lame as ours?

No comments:

Post a Comment