Sunday, March 6, 2011

That's What I Love About Sundays

This isn't so much of a blogpost as it is just random ramblings. but, with me, you're used to that I suppose.

I love Sundays. They are so relaxing. I think I love absolutely everything about Sundays.

Yesterday afternoon when I got home from work, I stopped at my mom's house to pick up Aubrey. I was talking to Aubrey, telling her all the things we were going to do for the rest of the evening before putting her to bed and I finished my rant by saying, And tomorrow will be Sunday and that's my favorite day of the week.

My mom gave me a confused expression and said, Really??? I guess I don't have a favorite day.

And to be honest this Sunday thing is new for me. I'm not sure if it spawned from the fact that we used to drive back to Trumansburg many-a-Sunday which was horrible so somehow due to the recent ommission of that, Sunday's have gotten infinitely better. But I just loooove Sundays. For a few, great reasons.

It's 6:30pm and Aubrey is still wearing pajamas. Why??? Cause it's Sunday!!! and her pajamas are so stinkin' cute!

Aubrey just ate and now she's cuddled up sleeping on my shoulder. And it seriously doesn't get any better than that.

Sunday's are drive days. Most Sunday afternoons, this one included - Martin and I drive around and look at houses. Not neccesarily houses for sale, mostly just houses we would like to be for sale. And we talk about how great it will be when we have our own house.

Brunch.  This Sunday we went out to lunch or brunch.? (it probably just classifies as lunch because it was 11:30 and we all got lunch food. But I didn't have time for breakfast before church AND I got a coffee, so I'm going with brunch) Anyway, we went out to brunch with Matt and Judy. After such a long hiatus of not seeing Judy since January it's been amazing to see her two weeks in a row!

Cousins. Nieces. Mimi. We went over to Martin's mom's this afternoon for a surprise visit. And my nieces Kendyll and Leigha were there.

Modern Family. Ok. this hasn't happened yet, but Martin is feeding calves right now and when he returns and we get Aubrey to bed for the night. I really want to watch the most recent episode of Modern Family. And I'm sure it will make me laugh, so that's a definite pick-me-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment