Monday, March 21, 2011

RoadTrip

One of my dear friend's and roomate from college, Katie is getting married in May. On Saturday her wedding shower was held in Maryland. So, Saturday was a roadtrip day! One of my other dear friend's, Michelle, who is also in the wedding, Martin, Aubrey and I all loaded into the car at 5:00am to head down on the 7 and a half hour car ride to Maryland. And then we came back the same day!

While the four hours spent at the shower catching up with Katie, whom I haven't seen since December, was really nice. The 15 hours spent in the car far exceeded the time spent at the actual event, so not surprisingly, I have far more stories from this time than from the actual shower.

Michelle: Look at the license plate. It says Gay Peach. That's weird.....Oh wait. GA Peach. Georgia Peach. That makes more sense.

- - - - - -

Me: (sitting in a gas station parking lot after feeding Aubrey) Oh! We should keep track of these funny quotes so I can write a blogpost about them.
Martin: How about start the car.
Michelle: How about Martin's grumpiness.
Me: Wait? What? I don't remember either of these things.
Michelle: Martin's grumpiness about start the car.
Martin: Yeah. How 'bout start the car. That's not a quote. Start the car.
Me: Ooooh. I thought you guys were giving me quotes. Well now you better write start the car as a quote about Martin's grumpiness.

- - - - - -

Martin: Can we pull over so I can go to the bathroom.
Me: No, we're making really good time.
...
(getting back in car after stopping for a bathroom break)
Martin: See how fast I was. Michelle was wasting time sitting down. She's so lazy
Michelle: I'm a girl! How else am I supposed to go to the bathroom!

- - - - - -

Martin: (talking to Aubrey): This is a long drive, isn't it. Katie better only get married  once, because we're not doing this again.

- - - - - -

Martin: I think any movie that ends with balloons flying away at the end is an amazing movie.
Michelle: Well, that's kind of like the feather in Forrest Gump.
Martin: I think they stole that feather idea from the balloon idea.
...
Martin: Like The Notebook. If that had ended with balloons flying away at the end then there wouldn't be a single girl who wouldn't say that was her favorite movie.
Michelle: They kind of do that with the geese that fly away at the end.
Martin: Is there really any bird references in that movie, though?
Michelle: Yeah! When he takes her out into the pond and there's all those birds.
Martin: I think if he had said 'If you're a balloon, I'm a balloon' that would have been a lot better movie.

Wouldn't you like to roadtrip with us?

1 comment: