Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Martin and Jenna, 2

.... This is the continuation of the story of how Martin and I met and fell madly in love. You can find the first part here.

...Being the impatient person that I am and dying to talk to this hilarious person on the other end of AIM I started getting onto AIM every evening to talk to Martin about everything and anything. He was hilarious. ridiculous. and amazing. I pretty much could have talked to him forever. But I've still never met him. I honestly have no idea what this person looks like, or sounds like, or really is he even actually a boy. It was all very ambiguous at the time. The entire concept of reality goes right out the window when you are getting to know someone over the internet. Are you really getting to know them at all? Is this even real life? I was very confused and there were a lot of unresolved questions....obviously.

So, when after months of this confusion, Martin invited me to go moonlight bowling with a bunch of his friends while he was home for winter break I jumped at the opportunity. And then I started picturing how awesome our relationship would be. And how we would obviously immediately fall madly in love. And also, how cool I would be to be dating a college student. Yeah, I was in high school.....superficial....no way!

Finally, Saturday, the day of the bowling arrived. Martin was going to pick me up at 9 or 9:30 - sometime around there. Bowling was from 10 to 1. I suppose, since this is the person I ended up marrying, I should remember every detail of that night. And I should have some sort of long winded story about getting ready and what I wore. But I honestly don't remember that at all. If I had to take a guess I would say I was wearing a white Hanes tshirt with a brown sweater over top. But that's only because I went through a solid two year phase when I thought white tshirts were basically the epitamy of looking cool and casually. Totally sexy, yet so simple. I've since revised those opinions, even though I'll still never knock a white tee. And the brown sweater, well it's been my favorite sweater as long as I can remember. I just wore it last week. Like any good wool sweater, it's only gotten better with time. And it's definitely always been one of my go to looks even though it does absolutely nothing to accentuate a figure (that tends to work in my favor though because I'm slightly lacking in the curves department.)

Anyway. Martin came to pick me up and my mom answered the door......

continued next week.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this was ever continued. I keep checking back to find out the rest. Fill us in!

    ReplyDelete