Sunday, June 10, 2012

On Potty Training

Don't take the title of this post the wrong way. We're really not anywhere near having Aubrey potty trained, but it's a notion that would be pretty spectacular in my mind but then plays out in reality as a dream of the delirious.

Memorial Day week I had a couple of vacation days and decided to embark on the daunting task of potty training Aubrey. My mom and I have been sitting her on the toilet for a few months now at random times but never with any regularity and so far there hasn't been any action in the toilet. But I bought some training pants and had a long conversation with Aubrey about telling me when she needs to go potty and we would sit on the toilet. And then I set the training potty up in my mom's garage and Aubrey went about playing on the swing and the slide and with the other plethora of toys at my mom's house.

And we went running over to attempt sitting on the toilet approximately 15 times.

Then it was time for lunch and I grabbed her to eat only to find she was completely soaked . Aubrey! You have to tell me when you need to go potty so we can sit you on the toilet.

So I stripped her out of the underwear and she ran around naked (bottomless) for a few minutes. About 25 seconds after we tried sitting on the potty one more time she started peeing on the rock patio. And then about a minute and a half after that she took a poop.

Needless to say, it might be a while before I can say goodbye to diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment