Thursday, June 7, 2012

Trophy Fish




These pictures were taken after our Memorial Day canoe trip when we were enjoying subs, a few more beverages and naps up by the lake. Taking a camera on a canoe trip, while tempting and so worth it when successful, is a risk I'm not willing to take given my canoeing track record with Martin.

This time, however, we had a toddler in the canoe with us so we had to be on our best behavior. We didn't flip once! I think that is definitely a first for us (a first in seven years).

There was only one small mishap. Aubrey, who was pretty great during the whole trip and kept herself fairly entertained eating fruit and watching the river unfold from her perch between my legs did manage to get into a little mischeif when she tried to reach over the boat to touch the water. One moment she was standing sweetly in the boat and then next moment she was in the water.

Martin: Honey! She's in the water!

*I used my catlike instincts to pull her out of the water by one leg*

Martin: You pulled her out of there like you were catching a trophy fish!

And she is my trophy fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment