Friday, June 29, 2012

Hoofbeats

A couple weekends ago, Aubrey woke up in the middle of the night. Because my body is trained to hear her every nightly move, I also woke up and went into her room to investigate the cause of her distress. Seeing no problem - I decided to bring her into the kitchen and get her a little bit of water, change her diaper and send her happily back to bed. As I was laying her back down in her crib I overheard my mom talking to my dad outside the window at 1AM!

Me: Martin. Martin. I just heard my parents talking outside.
Martin: (groggily rolls over) They're probably just looking for a new place to get fresh. (rolls back over and goes to sleep)

Unconvinced this was the reason for their midnight stroll outside I tried to investigate by looking out the window. At first I saw nothing but then I saw headlights and my youngest brother Garrett yelling Heifer!

Me: Oh no! I think the cows are out
I rush around trying to throw some clothes on my body and head out the door, only to be greeted at the bottom of the stairs by Garrett.

Garrett: I see you finally came to join the fun, now that it's all wrapped up.
Me: What happened?
Garrett: All the 1000 pounders got out. There was like 75 heifers outside your window.
Alex: We heard them from our house. There was cars honking their horns on the road. All the calves were bellowing and going crazy on top of which I'm sure Andy was freaking out in the apartment directly below you. How did you miss it???
Me: I don't know. I heard Aubrey wake up. I didn't know what woke her up. I guess it was that.

Apparently I'm a pretty sound sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment