Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Go Fly a Kite


Aubrey got a kite from the Easter Bunny and even though Sunday was a gorgeous day for flying a kite - Sunday was spent running from one home to another and eating lots of meals. And then spring decided to leave us for a few days, so we didn't get a chance to take the kite out for a spin until last Thursday when we were blessed with gorgeous Spring weather once again. Flying the kite with Aubrey was awesome! She really loved it and I was also weirdly excited about the flight. There are a couple of explanations I can come up with for why I had so much excitement over the kite flying experience: 1. I was possibly so excited because there was more than a few moments in the beginning when I was trying to instruct Aubrey to hold on tight to the handle and attempting the get the flight started while also holding Sylvia and not letting Aubrey tangle the string around herself that I thought we might never get the kite off the ground. or 2. I have been spending so much time in the last seven weeks with children 2 and under that I have actually turned into a toddler myself and thus derive the same satisfaction from flying a kite.

Either way, it was incredible and I couldn't stop telling Aubrey how awesome it was and how good she was doing and how cool she looked. After a few minutes of kite flying, Aubrey clearly picked up on my jealous lust for her joy and offerred to let me fly the kite. She handed it over to me with very specific instructions

Now mommy, hold on tight to this handle. Don't let go of the kite.


No comments:

Post a Comment