Sunday, April 7, 2013

Thrift Shop

Over a month ago, Caton was in town for a weekend and we went out for a delicious Mexican dinner. During dinner, Caton brought up the song Thrift Shop by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis and asked if we had heard the song. I hadn't, but Martin was instantly excited about the song. Caton mentioned that the song reminded her of us. Then I forgot to look it up when we got home. Finally, on the way to St. Louis, I heard the song on the radio.


It was only fitting that when we were in Missouri we visited a Thrift Shop.

Ingrid: I'm telling everyone to wear something green tonight for St. Patrick's day.
Martin: Wait! No! We have to make sure I can get a green shirt first. Wait till after we go to the Goodwill. Are they open on Sunday? Maybe we should go check first. Don't text people until I have something green!
Ingrid: Too late, I already sent it out. Ooo, Pam said she is challenging everyone to a contest to see who can wear the most green. (sidenote: see here)

A few minutes later in the thrift shop:
Ingrid: How about this for a green shirt. I feel like I'm the only person on task here! You guys are in heaven or something.

Meanwhile, Martin is consumed with hats and workpants, Aubrey is caught up in children's toys, and I'm finding good deals all over the place.

Me: Check out this awesome water cooler. It's only $1.50! And look I got a brand new bathing suit bottom, $2! All children's jeans are only $2 a piece, Aubrey really needs some.

Long story short, we didn't find a green shirt but we did spend $31 and came home with
3 pairs of jeans and a pair of overalls for Aubrey
3 pairs of work pants for Martin
2 bathing suit bottoms for me
A small plastic train for Aubrey
A hat for Martin
And a water cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment