Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cinco De Mayo....Menu


As you can probably tell by the stream of my posts this week, I'm inappropriately excited to have a Cinco de Mayo party with Aubrey's cousins this weekend. I recently made this rice as an accompaniement to tacos and it was fantastic. And also easy. It's not really even a recipe.

Cook rice according to package instructions.
Add salt, cilantro and juice of half a lime.
I also always add tumeric to my rice when its cooking to turn it that beautiful yellow color. I think this is mostly because I have terrible memories of plain white rice with ketchup that my dad used to gobble up for dinner during my childhood (my poor mom for having to cook for that man).

And a few other suggestions for a Cinco de Mayo Party:

Pork, beef and chicken tacos
Gaucamole
Fresh Salsa
and possibly some Quesadillas

No comments:

Post a Comment