Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Kitchen

This is our kitchen. I am sort of in love with it. I love how it feels so bright and so open. I have a major aversion to cupboards, and a huge love for the lack of cupboards in this kitchen.


 I am obsessed with the butcher block countertop.

I also love the canned foods up there. I think they add some nice color. And the black woman cookie jar. I am seriously in love. Gabe and Ingrid got that for Martin and I for Christmas two years ago and I absolutely love it. I love the bright red color. It was the inspiration for my kitchen 


I love the liquors and mixed drink glasses on one shelf and the wines and wine glasses on the other.


At first I wasn't sure what I thought about this bookshelf. But I think I've decided that I really like having all the metal pieces displayed on there. And I definitely like the glasses full of silverware.


This kitchen is, by far, the nicest kitchen I have ever had. I really love how I have it decorated. If this kitchen was in a house that I owned, though, I would still have a list of changes to make. These changes would include, but are not limited to:
paint the bottom cupboards black.
extend the shelves further along the wall.
get a microwave with a fan that mounts on the wall and mount it above the stove
take the bookshelf out to use in another room and use that corner as more of an eating space
hang an old ladder from the ceiling for hanging pots and pans.
put some sort of shelved pantry in the back corner by the refrigerator.

Wow. For as much as I love that kitchen, I didn't realize I would have such an easy time coming up with changes and additions, but that list got pretty long in a matter of a few seconds!

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that is an African-American cookie jar. It IS NOT a Black woman cookie jar.

    ReplyDelete