Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dress Up.

Ever since I've had Aubrey and been able to fit back into my old jeans I've been insanely excited to get dressed up - for basically any occasion. While I still don't think I look like I used to look. For the first time in months, I at least don't feel like a bloated fish. I am constantly trying to think of reasons to wear heels for no reason other than they make every outfit look instantly stylish.

Last week sometime, Martin and I went to Chili's to use a gift certificate Martin received from his boss for his birthday.

Me: I think I'm going to wear heels. I just really want to wear heels tonight. Is that okay?
Martin: Yeah, sure. Wear whatever you want.
Me: Ok. How do I look? How does my butt look in these jeans? Do you like the heels? Does my stomach look fat?
Martin: You look great. I feel like you're some sort of woman from the pioneer and you're putting on your best housecoat.
Me: That's mean.
Martin: I just mean, you're getting really excited to dress up for Chili's.

On the flip side, I have also been rocking old college t-shirts like it's my job. But, sometimes I dress them up by wearing a cardigan with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment