Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Breaking Point

The first week I went back to work was really tough. Really really tough. I basically cried a lot. everyday. I couldn't stop.

Also, I wasn't eating well. I was so busy trying to blow through work I was forgetting to eat lunch. And between crying every morning and night and forgetting to eat lunch during the day. Oh, and not drinking any water all day long. My milk production really took a dive. A drastic dive.

By Friday morning when I dropped her off at my mom's house I was sobbing hysterically screaming things like..

"All I can do for her is make milk and I can't even do that anymore!"

Then I went to work and realized. I can't do it all. At some point I am going to have to let something give and Aubrey will still be smart. And she'll still love me even if I don't make enough milk to support her milk monster needs.

And ever since I came to that realization, life has been a lot better. Aubrey is drinking both breastmilk and formula. We are all busy and happy and loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment