Tuesday, February 22, 2011

House Hunting


We're looking for a house. That seems like an easy enough process. Problem being. I'm being extremely picky with what I want. Between me and Martin, the house we're looking for is probably not going to be that easy to find.


I want a house that has land with it. And when I say land, I don't mean a five acre lot. I want like 50ish or more tillable acres of farmland. And I want it to be close to my parent's house. Because my mom is my babysitter and because someday Martin might come home to the farm and in that case we would  need to live close by. And I want a porch. But I've decided that if the house we buy doesn't have a porch it is not neccesarily a dealbreaker because we can always add a porch. And I definitely need a two story house. I'm not sure why, just a personal preference. I grew up in a two story house and I want to own a two story house. I would also like a garage. But again, that's not a dealbreaker.


Martin doesn't want neighbors. He wants to be able to look at land in every direction.


And neither of us are really that handy, so it probably shouldn't need too much work. But my grandpa is a handy guy, so if it did - we could probably make it work


It will need to be big enough to fit some children. Because if they're all going to be as adorable as this one I might never be able to stop.


Oh, and I'd like to get this all for a low price.




"Oh mom. You have unrealistic expectations. And I don't know if I'm smiling because you're so dillusional or if I just am cracking up because you've taken waaaay too many pictures of the exact same moment."

If you hear of a house like this that might possibly be for sale. Let us know. We'll be all over it like white on rice.

4 comments:

  1. Not that I frequently look for houses for sale in WNY... sigh. But I found this guy: http://nothnagle.com/Properties/Details.aspx?MLS=19&M=B379239
    Not too far from your parents... it's only 33 acres, not 50 - but it's a start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one might be a fixer-upper. But it's 50 acres & has a porch.

    http://nothnagle.com/Properties/Details.aspx?MLS=19&M=B362399

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I should hire you as my personal realtor. lol. Thanks for the research. I was actually aware of the properties. Unfortunately, one is swamp/brush acres and a condemned house (so yes, definitely a fixer-upper) and the other I think we looked into and its all woods, but I'll have to check with Martin again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. add water quality to the checklist

    ReplyDelete