Tuesday, February 15, 2011

His and Hers

On Sunday night Katie and Ryan had a his and hers party in honor of Valentine's day. I'd be lying if I said I had any idea what this meant before actually attending this party. But the theme of the party was so much fun. It was a bunch of couples. Well, mostly couples and a few singles thrown in the mix too. And there was dinner involved.

The girls table was decorated with a centerpiece, a tablecloth, cloth napkins and fine china.

The boys got paper plates and a picnic table.

The girls food was served on one half of the buffet table in glassware and on a linen tablecloth.

The boys half was covered in newspaper and served out of wicker baskets.

The theme was absolutely divine!

I really loved it. It was so funny.

After dinner the boys and girls came together in the living room and we played a game. The name of the game was What Is Your's Like? The basic premise is you choose a card and read the word. The word could be something like....legs. Everyone gets to see the card except for one person. Then each person goes around and says what their legs are like. So you might say hairy. or long. or chicken-like. or dry. or smooth. or bruised. And the person who didn't get to see the card would have to guess what everyone was describing.

Because we're all perverted human beings. It doesn't take long to realize that almost every phrase can be an innuendo.

One word was Valentine's Day.

When it got to be my turn to describe it Martin was ready for me to say something sassy.

Martin: Go ahead. Throw me under the bus. It's fine. I know you're gonna do it. Just throw me under the bus.
Me: No. I wasn't going to do that. I was going to say I'm having shrimp

at this point everyone who knows the word is Valentine's Day immediately burst out laughing.

Martin: That is so much worse. That's the worst thing you can say.

It took me a minute or so to catch on to everyone's interpretation of my having shrimp on Valentine's Day.

Martin: Yeah. Well I'm having Frozen Clams.

But, all innuendos aside. This really was a charming party and I almost can't wait until next Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment