Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Martin's Birthday

On Saturday Martin and I basically did nothing for his birthday, but he did get a good three hours of cable tv watching in at my parents house on Saturday night and a day spent running errands and decorating with his ladies. Still, I was really surprised when he called the day A Really Good Birthday since we really didn't do anything special at all.

For lunch we went to the Southside Deli in Batavia. We had just stopped in at Harrington's where I used to work to show off Aubrey and get a Christmas tree. The Southside Deli seemed like an obvious lunch choice for a couple of reasons. 1. They have absolutely amazing subs. 2. We could easily eat in the car without having to deal with taking Aubrey into a restaurant. 3. I am in love with their subs and 4. They have the best assorted sub ever!

Ok, looking back on it, it really seems like Martin's birthday was a day more about fulfilling my needs than Martin's. Ooops! But he did still call it a really good birthday.

Anyway, after we both ate, Martin started to put the car into drive to continue on our day. Aubrey continued to wail in the background.

Me: Wait. We can't go yet. I have to change her diaper and feed her.
Martin: Oh, do you just want to go in the backseat.
Me: Well, I can't feed her when we're driving. I don't want to take her out of the carseat. And I really don't think it's going to work if I just lean my boob over the seat and try to get her to drink out of it that way.
Martin: It would probably be pretty hot to watch you try though.
Me: I don't know if hot is the word you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment