Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Too Many Choices

On Saturday night Martin had his work Christmas Party. I was overly excited because I felt like it was the first time in the last ten months that I had a reason to dress halfway up and that I could actually salvage looking halfway presentable while doing so. We were taking Aubrey with us because she wouldn't be able to go that long without feeding, so I was also just praying that she would be in a congenial mood so we could both enjoy the evening.

When we arrived for dinner at 6:00, I had just fed Aubrey and she was sleeping peacefully. I knew I had a few hours before she would want to nurse again so I figured I would be able to have a drink.

unfortunately, I didn't think about what I was going to have to drink beforehand and the vast amount of alcoholic choices was a lot to handle.

Martin's Boss: What do you want to drink?
Martin: I'll have a Blue Light
Martin's Boss: Ok, what about you , Jenna?
Me: (completely unprepared to answer such an important question) Umm. I'll just have a Blue Light too.

*minutes later at dinner*

Me: Man, I don't know why I wasted my first drink in months on a Blue Light. I should have gotten wine. Or at least a Michelob Ultra. Ugh. This is so depressing.
Martin: Well, you could probably get another drink.
Me: No, I don't even know if I should finish this one. I'll just have to wait until next time.

Lesson Number 1: Next time you're pregnant and anxiously awaiting an alcoholic beverage, be prepared to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment