Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

....conversation occurring around 12pm.

Me: The least you could really do is wish me a happy mother's day.
Martin: Is that why you're in a bad mood?
Me: I'm not in a bad mood, but I just read all these super nice things that people got on Mother's Day and you can't even wish me one.
Martin: I knew it!
Me: If you knew it, why didn't you just say Happy Mother's Day. It was the easiest problem to solve.
Martin: I thought I did this morning.
Me: No, you didn't. I've been waiting.

later in the evening....

Me: Did you call your mom?
Martin: No, I just found out she was home this afternoon.
Me: But did you call her, for Mother's Day.
Martin: No, Gabe told me she was home.
Me: But....DID you CALL HER?
Martin: (finally looking a little guilty) no.
Me:  You are literally the least thoughtful person I know.
Alex: You're probably not less thoughtful than me. I'm pretty unthoughtful
Martin: I'm not gonna take that as a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment