Friday, January 29, 2010

Because I'm Too Old For Puppet Shows

When Martin and I moved into our apartment in August, 6 months ago, the landlord had already graciously purchased a shower curtain for us. A very ugly shower curtain. Because I am extremely cheap, i figured, ok so we'll just have a really ugly bathroom void of all decorating for a year or so. No biggie. When you move 4 times in 12 months you start to develop that sort of apathy towards decorating.

But then.
My sister-in-law came to visit. And because she is amazing, didn't hesitate to point out how ugly my shower curtain was. I think she really coined the curtain by saying, it looks like a puppet show backdrop. Great.

She didn't really criticize it or take it too far, but it got me thinking, why am I living like a college student when I'm not in college.

And then.
Aldi had bathroom supplies on special purchase. Included in these was an amazing shower curtain that I really loved.  Since then... my bathroom has improved ten-fold.

See...puppet show.
The green shelves were pretty ok. They were there when we moved in. But aside from those, the bathroom was without decoration.


Now...

Isn't this shower curtain freaking awesome! I also got the super cool rug at Aldi.
I got some pretty cute fake flowers on sale from Pier 1 to set on the back of the toilet. And also on sale, a red plate for a bar of soap.
And matching bowls for my makeup and jewelry!
So much better!


PS. Thank you Ingrid for the kick in the butt on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment