Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Whoops

Martin and I had a thrilling night planned for last Saturday night. Laundry and a movie. We really are old. We are also very efficient, so....

We drove to the laundromat and started our wash. Then while our clothes were washing we headed two miles down the road to the ShurSave to get some snacks and a Redbox (I know, not Aldi. I do feel badly about it, BUT in my defense - Aldi was closed and we got Sea Salt and Peppercorn Kettle Chips which are not available for sale at Aldi). After some debate, we rented District 9 which was not very good. We then rushed home to drop of our snacks and put our milk in the refrigerator before the wash cycle was done. I ran into the apartment to drop off the goodies, while Martin headed downstairs to pay our rent check ( I know, our night gets more enthralling by the moment). As I was running out of the apartment I instinctively locked the door. As I was running down the stairs to the car, I reached into my pocket to grab my car keys....

Whoops.

Not there.

Martin...?  I yelled. Do you have your truck keys with you?

They're in the apartment, why? He inquired.

Ummm. Well. I locked our keys in the apartment

Did I mention the landlord wasn't home?

I then decide that it's really not that big of a deal, I have a spare car key so we can still finish laundry and Bill and Bonnie will definitely  be home when that is done. Martin lets me know that he is trying very hard not to be angry with me and it would be easier for him to do so if didn't act like it wasn't a big deal. He didn't think it would be very fun to sleep in the car or to call up a friend for an impromptu sleepover that night. (I thought it might make a good story to look back on, but that's just me).

We finished our laundry and pulled back into the homestead approximately an hour later. No Bill. No Bonnie. Lights out in the downstairs (aka, landlord's portion) of our home.

Martin. Well I'm just going to go to sleep so I don't get angry. (Then proceeds to pull his hat over his face, put the seat back and rest his eyes.)

I passed the time by talking to Ingrid on the phone.

It was one half an hour. tops. no big deal.

Bill even gave us a spare key to hide in the event that I do something like this again. How thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment