Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sandwich Heaven.

On our way home from skiing, Ingrid and I stopped in to Collegetown Bagels for a very late lunch. If you don't know what CTB is, it's basically the most amazing thing to hit Ithaca since.....ever.


There are 5 locations in Ithaca each offering delicious sandwiches for your enjoyment.  Also, I just found out that the original location has been open for 100 years! How cool is that???!

Here are a few of my favorite CTB delights:

The San Diego (this means a whales vagina in Spanish). This is a absolutely scrumptious bagel topped with cream cheese and then jalepeno raspberry jam.

CTBLT. An interesting take on the BLT with avocado and a special mayo. This is what I enjoyed that day with Ingrid.

Vegetarian Bagel. It took my a while to get myself to try this one; growing up on a dairy farm I tend to think that eating anything labeled as vegetarian is going against my roots. It is probably my all-time favorite though. A bagel topped with cream cheese, a tomatoe slice, and muenster cheese. Toasted to perfection.

CTB location that is actually in collegetown also offers beer and sangria, which is always fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment