Monday, January 11, 2010

Ingrid: Day T-1, The Pickup

On Tuesday evening last week, I drove back out to western New York to pick Ingrid up and hold her hostage in central New York to be my friend and have fun with me for the next 5 days. The weather wasn't the greatest, but it was so great to see Ingrid and the anticipation of the entire event is something I've pretty much been building up for the last three months. I may or may not have made a word document list of things that would be fun to do with Ingrid and then color-coded them by things that would go well together by days. I might be insanely obsessed with lists and also a Class A dork.

As Ingrid and I made our way back to T-burg we began to get very very hungry. We called Martin to make us some dinner.

I bet he'll make us english muffins and orange juice. This being Ingrid's best guess on the meal to await us.

Well, I can make you guys english muffins I guess.The ironic response that erupted from Martin's lips moments later on the phone.

But then...

When we got home Martin had made us salmon (which I absolutely love!) and steamed vegetables. I was completely blown away. To say I was impressed would be a gross understatement. It is just another reason why I am completely and hopelessly in love with this burly, bearded, halarious man. I couldn't stop talking about how impressed I was, not even the next day.

I think the fact that you are so impressed that Martin heated up frozen salmon in a pan with olive oil and vegetables just proves how much you love him.  This was Ingrid's take on the situation.

I am still really impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment