Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ingrid: Day 3, Skiing!

On Tuesday when Ingrid and I went to the Ithaca Brewery and the awesome bartender asked what our plans for the week were, we told him we were planning on going skiing. I instantly felt like a complete loser because I've lived in NEW YORK STATE, home of six month long winters, my entire life and I do not know how to ski.

Friday, Ingrid and I went from being amateur skiers to pros; all in a day! Ok, pros might be pushing it, but we definitely excelled at the bunny hill!

We set off for the morning all geared up to go skiing at Greek Peak. After about a 45 minute drive we finally come to a huge resort with a gigantic sign welcoming us to Greek Peak. We quickly parked and headed into the building. As we trudge into the building wearing all our snow gear, we are greeted by the doormen and then proceed to the front desk. "We need to get ski passes and rentals," I tell the woman at the desk. This is about the time I notice a girl standing to the side of me wearing a bikini.

The woman looks at us like we are complete idiots and tells us we need to go across the street to go skiing.

Minor detour. We're back on track again.

We get the Greek Peak skiiing and find a counter where the very helpful girl tell us that for $35 we can get an hour lesson, rentals, and a day ski pass. Perfect!

We head over to the rental station where we suit up while listening to the rental boys scheme over how to get fake ids. Then, its time for our lesson!


Because Ingrid and I are both overachievers, it is imperative that we go to the top of the class in this lesson. Instructor Mike really liked having Ingrid be the first person to try everything, she was like his little demonstration girl! She was well on her way to being the head of the class. Unfortunately for me, Instructor Tony had latched on to me and felt the need to ski next to me and coach me through every move. This was definitely giving the class the wrong impression, I was supposed to be the top of the class!

Then, the class went to the hill! At this point Ingrid and I switched places and Instructor Mike skied down the hill first with me, while Tony skied by Ingrid and coached her all the way down the hill. Ingrid and I were definitely the top of the class!


After the lesson, we spent the rest of the afternoon skiing down the bunny slope and really became pros at that. Ingrid decided that skiing was a qualification that was imperative that she add to her list of demands that must be met by anyone that she seriously dates. Definitely an important demand to add after one successful ski trip on the bunny slope!

Skiing = Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment