Friday, January 15, 2010

Turkey Burgers

While drinking copious amounts of wine, Ingrid and I made delicious turkey burgers.

They are so easy and so amazing...

Get some ground turkey meat.
Throw it in a bowl with an egg and some bread crumbs.
Mix together.
Make into patties.
Grill Patties.



That's the basic recipe.

To make it extra delicious, it all about the toppings.


Cut up onions and mushrooms.
Saute in a pan with a little olive oil.
Cut up avocados. Don't saute those.


To add the final touch, toast the buns.
Get a cookie sheet and rub a tiny bit of oil over the entire thing.
Coat the sheet in a little garlic powder
Place in oven on low heat to toast rolls.


Top the buns with burger and toppings and Enjoy!

The best part about Turkey Burgers is you don't really have to worry about overcooking the burger like you do with a beef burger so if the buns aren't quite toasted or the onion is not quite done, just wait. It's all good.

2 comments:

  1. I think I could get away with this if I told my husband it was beef. I would just say it was the really low fat kind. I still don't think he'd be very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! my husband is a dairy farmer and a truck driver, if you want to talk about a stereotypical beef eater. He still loved them!

    ReplyDelete