Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Neglected Obsession

I don't know if I've ever talked about Martin's need for routines and my fairly strong dislike of them.. but it exists. When Martin finds something he likes, he wants to do it every single week. When I find something I like I want to do it everyone once in a while so I will continue to like it in the future.

When Martin and I first started dating, he was really into bowling. They used to have moonlight bowling at the lanes in Medina on Saturday nights from 10 PM to 1 AM and Martin would round up his friends every single Saturday night to participate. We went there on our first date. We went bowling so much that I eventually began to hate bowling with every fiber of my being until I eventually started refusing to go and that obsession finally ended.

Then it was Chinese food. After milking on Sunday nights, we used to round up everyone we knew and go to the Great Wall in Medina. They loved us there. Would keep the place open late for us. We were a huge source of income for them. The boys were obsessed with the daughter (nicknamed Lotus Blossom) and the son, Steve, loved to pose for pictures. We would typically bring a crowd of 15 to 20 people each week, but at some points we had over 30! Then one day there was a new girl there and she asked us if we could start coming earlier. Well, we couldn't. We came as soon as Martin and Gabe were done milking, so that was the end of the Chinese tradition.

For that last few weeks I have been craving Chinese food. Finally, Martin and I went out for Chinese Sunday night. I honestly think its the first time I've been in 2010, which is just way too long to go without Chinese. While the Chinese buffet in Ithaca is huge and delicious and totally satisfying, I couldn't help but miss the times at the Great Wall. Their lo mein is just so good. And Steve is so nice. And their coca-cola tastes just like coca-cola everywhere else. Perfect.

Wait??? What is happening??? Am I picking up on Martin's need for routines???? No way!! Never!

No comments:

Post a Comment