Thursday, April 8, 2010

So You Like It Spicy

I probably go to Subway one to two times a week. Basically whenever I am running late and don't have time to pack a lunch or don't have anything in my house I want to have for lunch or just really don't feel like packing a lunch.

Anyway.

I always get jalepenos on my subs and also that pepper relish if the particular location I am at happens to serve said relish.

I don't know if it is because I am little and people don't expect little people to eat spicy things or it has something to do with the fact that I am in a suit and people don't expect suited customers to live on the wild side like that or for some other reason that is completely unfathomable to me, but I can promise you that it almost always comes as a surprise to the "sandwich artist" behind the counter (sidenote: don't you find it completely weird that subway calls their employees sandwich artists? There's is virtually no art in letting a customer pick from a selection of vegetables and dumping them on the sub)

The last three times I have been to Subway, these are the responses I have received after asking for jalepenos.

Time 1: Oh really? Yeah I love those too.

Time 2: Oh, Awesome.

And most recently: So you like it spicy?

I have yet to determine the cause of this phenomenon, but either way, I am obviously throwing people off of their initial first impression of me and that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment