Friday, June 25, 2010

Confession

I know I have now posted an obscene amount of posts about the Braid Paisley concert, but I wouldn't really touch on the night if I didn't write about this one little part. I mean. The concert was great. Justin Moore. Then Darius Rucker. Then Brad Paisley. Brad Paisley sang a lot and then Allison freakin Krause suddenly appeared on the stage to sing a duet with him. So that was pretty cool too.
Pretty much, it would seem as if the night was completely amazing. Except for this one itsy bitsy thing. I was sober. And as I was standing there sober watching all the drunks around me laugh and dance and have a merry time, I couldn't help but think, oh my god, I am never going to have fun again. And I kept thinking it. I couldn't get it out of my head. I had to say I was going to the bathroom and then go sit by myself way in the back by the fence to clear my head and then go back when I thought my head was clear. But I was wrong. Because it wasn't and I got back to the middle of the dancing drunks and it was back again oh my god, no one is ever going to want to dance with me again. oh my god, everyone wants me to hold their shit. I haven't even had this baby yet and they already think I'm a mother. And I started crying. Not sobbing. Not super noticable. But crying, just the same. Because really, will I ever have fun again? I mean, I'm sure I will, but for some reason as everyone around me was being spun around and dipped and flipped. I wanted to join in on the fun.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna... You're life is going to change, without a doubt... but I promise you'll be happier than you have ever been in your whole life. Yes, you'll party and dance again and enjoy the occasional cocktail... but that won't be what brings you the most happiness, this new baby, the love you will feel and the love it will give you back, can't be compared to anything you have ever experiences. You are going to be a great mom and you will have fun!! More than you can ever imagine! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete