Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Life With Alcoholics

Recently, in the last four months, I haven't been drinking for obvious reasons. But, I think I'm still a pretty good sport and I have absolutely no problem going out with people that are drinking or encouraging them to drink more. I'm a good friend like that and I whole-heartedly approve of bad decisions.



Last Saturday I went out to Martha's new house in Farmington to meet up with her, Caton and Judy and we went on a walking wine tour in Canandaigua. Let's just stop and reflect on that for a moment. A walking wine tour how amazing is that? If I was drinking, I would defnitely be all about this, hell, I wasn't drinking and I'm still all about it. Basically, you pay $5 and get a free wine glass and then tastings from seven different FingerLakes wineries located in seven different cute shops on Main St. Canandaigua. Fortunately for everybody involved - Caton was a complete pro at getting extra tastings of wine and by six wineries in, you can start to see the effects of that above. I think this was around the time that Martha starting yelling, "Aunt Gale! Aunt Gale!" to a random woman up the street.

But don't worry, she quickly (sort of) realized that the woman up the street was not her Aunt Gale and appropriately, stopped yelling.

But "Aunt Gale" being the good sport that she is, offered to take our picture anyway.

2 comments:

  1. It is always good to have a designated walker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true. just to avoid oncoming traffic at crosswalks and such.

    ReplyDelete